I bought a new house on February 1st, so there were some expenses in January associated with the move. Because I worked so much in January, spending in many categories was minimal.
- I paid the annual insurance premium on the new house and purchased several cardboard boxes.
- I was charged the annual fee for my Platinum AMEX authorized user. This allows us both access to the Centurion Lounge when we travel. I also paid the annual fee for the Capital One Venture X.
- Half the clothing expense was because of a mistake I made. I ordered two new pair of work pants in the wrong inseam. They are too long so I can still use them once I have them altered, but I needed new pants right away and reordered the right size.
- Finally a month where I didn't book any vacations! I did browse cruises as Carnival is still aggressively giving away free cruises through casino offers.
- I spent $40 on our Regal Unlimited membership. Regal won't be the closest theater at our new house, so I have cancelled it.
- Most of my meeting clients don't reimburse alcohol, so the bulk of the spending for fun in January was for drinks with co-workers.
January Expenses: $4,497
$268 Clothing/ Personal Care
$297 Fun (vacations, movies, gambling, alcohol, concert tickets)