Every year I publish a handful of goals. I usually meet some and fail at others. Without this roadmap, I would lack the direction I need to achieve anything. Here are my 2023 goals.
Search My Frugal Miser
Thursday, January 12
Monday, January 9
My spending in December exceeded my income.
- I forgot to pay quarterly taxes in the third quarter, so I paid two quarters of estimated taxes in December.
- During the slow season I sometimes work meetings where our expenses are not reimbursed. We had out of pocket costs for the Las Vegas meeting. I also paid my 2023 business insurance premium.
- I was charged the annual fee for my Southwest Business card.
- I bought a $500 Amazon gift card (Household) that I haven't used, but am counting the spending in December.
- We spent on excursions and drinks during the Puerto Rico cruise.
- I paid the taxes, fees and gratuities for a cruise I booked for February. Even though I didn't gamble on our Puerto Rico cruise, Royal Caribbean offered me another free cruise and I jumped on it.
- I bought tickets to see Third Eye Blind in Macon, GA in March.
- On the last day of our Las Vegas meeting I lost $300 in a casino.
December Expenses: $17,391
$36 Clothing/ Personal Care
$1,739 Fun (vacations, movies, gambling, alcohol, concert tickets)
Saturday, January 7
My December income was only fair. In addition to income from two rental properties I received two distributions from commercial properties I own through Realty Mogul. I worked two meeting jobs and I completed a few Amazon routes. Amazon has overhired drivers and getting a decent route is difficult. We were out of town for two weeks - a cruise for five days and a road trip to visit family over the holidays. I probably could have made a bit more working for Amazon if I had stayed home.
December Income: $8,275
$4,505 Meeting Jobs
$0 Gig Apps (Rideshare, Food Deliveries, etc.)
$306 Amazon Deliveries
$14 Interest Income
Investment Accounts Change in Value: $25,451
Tuesday, January 3
I set 4 goals for 2022. Here's how I did.