July was a pleasantly frugal month.
- In June I paid the $250 annual fee on my United Quest credit card but then Chase offered a sweet deal to redeem miles to offset the fee, so I got that back as a statement credit. I also paid the $49 annual fee for my IHG card. That card comes with an annual free night (what a deal!) but I've heard the card is being discontinued and I'll have to pay more next year.
- The category where I splurged was food. I almost always regret it when I spend too much on a restaurant meal. I'm going to try harder in August to avoid overspending here.
- I made a mistake on my business taxes and paid an accountant $800 to fix it
- Personal care - in Vegas we got a foot massage. I also prepaid for a 3-visit package to my local reflexologist. It helps tremendously with my foot pain.
- During our Las Vegas trip I won $300. Plus rental car rates dropped from when I prepaid for our car and I received a refund when I rebooked the lower rate. This was offset by my purchase of upgraded seats to First Class for our quick getaway. Overall, this vacation was almost free.
- A friend visited us and we stopped by our local Hard Rock casino, where I won $485 in an hour playing blackjack.
- We pay for an AMC Unlimited plan.
July Expenses: income of $145
$337 Clothing/ Personal Care
($111) Fun (vacations, movies, gambling, alcohol, concert tickets) income this month