January wasn't a bad month. I would love to get my monthly spending under $2,000 excluding the monthly contribution I make towards home improvements/repairs, but I'm not too disappointed with my spending last month.
- Auto expenses were unusually low. There was no maintenance or other expenses besides gas. I worked several meetings so I didn't put many miles on my car.
- I paid three bank fees for credit cards. The value of the cards exceeds the annual fee I pay.
- Food was about average, which is to say it was expensive. We are still mostly sticking to a low-carb diet. Junk food is a lot less expensive than the healthier stuff we eat.
- I received the AMEX Fine Hotels $200 rebate from our December stay in Atlanta.
- Our Australian cruise was canceled, and I canceled our February cruise out of New Orleans because we took a meeting job instead. I opted for a refund, but it hasn't posted yet.
January Expenses: $4,064
$0 Clothing/ Personal Care
$1,281 Fun (vacations, movies, gambling, alcohol, concert tickets)