Every year I publish a handful of goals. I usually meet some and fail at others. Without this roadmap, I would lack the direction I need to achieve anything. Here are my 2024 goals.
- Increase Net Worth by $100,000
- Invest 30% of gross meeting income in index funds
- Invest 10% of gross meeting income in more aggressive investments
In 2023 my net worth has barely budged, so I have created these goals to ensure success. I should be able to invest between $25,000-$30,000 next year if I follow this plan. The remaining increase in net worth should come from existing investments in stocks and real estate.
Committing 40% of gross meeting income to investments is aggressive (it's well over half my after-tax income). The plan is to lever up other income (rideshare, making deliveries, etc.) when there is a shortfall.
- Exercise at least 5x/week.
- Lose weight.
I should assign a specific weight loss goal, but I also want to build muscle, so I'm more focused on how my body looks in the mirror and how it fits into clothes.
- We have owned two mopeds since 2012. They don't run. It's time to either repair and use them or get rid of them. I'll do that in 2024.
- I would like to eliminate 30-50 pieces of clothing in 2024, and remove at least 2 items per week from the house.
Have Fun, On a Budget
- I will limit spending on Fun to $5,000 in 2024.
- I would like to take a few short getaways using points and miles to places I've never been.