This time last year we were about to open the restaurant. While that was a much more exciting time in my life compared to today, I still have some exciting plans.
My 2012 Goals
My 2012 Goals
- Lose weight. At least 24 pounds. I've never met this goal. Will 2012 be different?
- Increase my net worth by $50,000.
- Reduce utilities expense by 10%. In 2010 I spent $2,703 on electricity, natural gas, water/sewer, Internet and phone. In 2011 I spent $2,722, basically flat year over year. For 2012, I would like to reduce it to $2,432.
- Reduce credit card/LOC debt by $36,000. My mortgage balances will also decline, but since they are on auto-pilot I will focus on credit cards and the three lines-of-credit I have with my bank.
- Purchase 1 rental property. It will be great if I can purchase more, but I will push myself to at least do 1 new investment this year.
Good luck on the weight loss. I've lost 30 pounds a couple of times before. The first was when I lived in Guatemala for three months. I lost a steady 10 pounds every month I lived there. The other time was hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Walking 15 miles a day with 30 pounds on your back and only having the food you carry does lead to weight loss. Those methods aren't helpful in everyday life. If I find something else that works I'll let you know.ReplyDelete