Happy New Year to All!
I am stomping on the gas for 2013.
In 2012 I made some major changes in my life. These changes position me to achieve excellence moving forward. With that, I want to focus on my 2013 goals but also sketch out some longer term planning.
My 2013 Goals
My 2013 Goals
- Lose weight. At least 30 pounds. I've never met this goal, but I finally lost a few pounds in 2012. Now that I live in paradise, getting more exercise has never been easier.
- Increase my net worth by $75,000.
- Reduce utilities expense by 10%. In 2012 I spent $2,760 on electricity, natural gas, water/sewer, Internet and phone. For 2013, I would like to reduce it to $2,484.
- Reduce debt to $350,000 if my tenants do not exercise their lease-purchase option; below $300,000 if the option is exercised.
- Purchase 1 piece of real estate.
I've never posted goals that I hope to achieve in the longer term. As I study investing more and more, I realize that looking out just one year at a time is short-sited. I need to be focused on the BIG stuff - those things that are going to happen if I put my mind to it, but that I don't expect to happen in the next 365 days.
Goals After 2013
- I will reach a Net Worth of $1,000,000 by 12/31/2015.
- I will be completely debt free by 12/31/2014.
- I will weigh less than 165 pounds by 12/31/2014.
- I will have gross rental income (including from my self-directed IRA) of $20,000/month by 12/31/2017.