- We drove to Atlanta to work a meeting, so gas expenses were high. I received a reimbursement for travel expenses which will show up in the August numbers.
- Food was reasonable considering our special diet. We barely ate out and most of the meetings provided food.
- I paid the $49 annual fee for my Chase IHG card. This specific card is no longer offered, but thus far I've been able to keep it. I get a free night each year for having the card so the annual fee is a no-brainer.
- Utilities were artificially high because the water bill was taken out twice.
We love adventures. Spending on experiences makes us better humans.
- I prepaid to rent a car for a couple of days while we are visiting Hawaii. The Big Island is the epicenter of the shortage of cars, and it was too expensive to justify renting for all 5 days we are there. It's a good thing I rented when I did: two days later not a single car was available to rent at any price.
- I put a deposit on a 7 day Australian cruise for May 2022. The price was too good to pass up: $556/person + taxes/fees for a suite, plus $750 AUS onboard credit and free drinks in the casino. We've never stayed in a suite and I'm really excited about it. Plus, Australia!
- Since my Platinum AMEX card is offering a $20 monthly credit for streaming and satellite subscriptions, I reinstated my SiriusXM account. I paid $41 for 6 months, or $21 after the credit.
July Expenses: $3,475
$347 Auto (service, gas, insurance, AAA, etc.)$49 Bank Fees (annual fee on IHG card)
$0 Clothing/ Personal Care
$731 Fun (vacations, movies, gambling, alcohol, concert tickets)
$101 Health and Dental
$1,063 Household/Home Repairs
$0 Unreimbursed Job Expense
$30 Reimbursed Job Expense
$0 Interest Expense