What I Like
- Saving Money. Last year with AT&T I spent around $100/month for my plan. Now I pay $19 + tax. I am saving about $80 per month, plus my calls, texts and Internet usage are unlimited.
- Burning Calories. One collateral advantage to this new plan is that I am exercising more. Why? Since I'm not worried about going over on my Internet usage I can stream Pandora and NPR on my phone. I get excited about walking now since this phone is also an MP3 player.
- No contracts. I had to pay $165 to divorce AT&T. If things don't work out with Republic I won't have to do that.
What Could Improve
- Sprint's Coverage. Republic relies on the Sprint network, which doesn't cover as expansive an area as AT&T. I've been without service in some areas.
- Small Annoyances. I ported my number to Google Voice but when I send a text message it uses the number I was assigned by Republic, so people don't always know it's me. When I access voicemail I have to enter a password. I'm not a fan of anything that slows me down.
Overall I'm not looking back. I have an extra $80/month now to pay off debt... what's there to complain about?