- Last week I opened the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Card. Just for opening the account I will receive a free night in a Marriott-branded hotel. After I spend $2,000 in 3 months, I will receive 70,000 Marriott rewards points (up to 9 free nights).
- In June I opened a Chase IHG rewards card. After spending $1,000 on the card I received 70,000 IHG points (valued at up to 14 free nights).
- Earlier this year I opened a Chase Ink Business Rewards account. The reward here was huge: 50,000 rewards points (worth $500 cash or $625 in travel) after meeting the spending threshold. I used my SSN, so actually owning a small business is not necessary.
- I opened an account with TD Bank and received a Fitbit Flex. Normally that wouldn't be quite enough to get me to open an account, but it also enabled me to sign up for TD Bank mystery shops.
- In January I was paid $125 to open a business savings account at Bank of America. Last week I earned $65 for opening a checking account there. These were both mystery shops and I don't plan to keep the accounts.
I'm still looking for opportunities to do this. Normally Chase has an offer to open a checking account - I've seen it as high as $200 cash. The offer isn't valid right now so I'm sitting on the sidelines ready to pounce when it is available again.