- #1: Lose 12 pounds. I ended the year at 229 pounds, which means I only lost 5 pounds.
- #2: Increase net worth by $75,000. That was too lofty, but my net worth increased respectfully.
- #3: Spend less than $20,000. What I did not plan for was beginning a major remodel for the house I bought at the end of June. Taking no exclusions for that, we spent more than $53,000. If you leave out the remodeling costs, we were around $31,000 in spending last year.
- #4: Take an international trip. Accomplished. We spent three weeks in Ecuador in September.
Current Goal: Automate Savings and Mortgage Paydown
1) Extra $1,100/mo. to mortgage
2) $1,000/mo. to short-term savings
3) $400/mo. to investing
Previous Goal: Eliminate Mortgage on Rental Property
Interest Rate is 5.125%!
January 1, 2019: $59,592
August 11, 2020: PAID!
Saturday, January 17
My Frugal Miser - Reviewing My 2014 Goals.
I failed in 2014. I set four goals, but I only achieved one of them. I did make progress on each, and am glad that I lost weight last year, even if it was only 5 pounds.