1) Lose 26 pounds. Starting weight: 232 Current (3/13/10): 231.
- Reflections: I'm not making much progress here. Need to stop eating so much and exercise more.
- Action Plan: I joined Weight Watchers. With the warmer weather, I should have fewer excuses for being active.
- Reflections: I'm way ahead of where I thought I would be. My two retirement accounts have done well this year. Selling the BMW eliminated some interest expenses. I received a significant tax refund.
- Action Plan: I've already made the major changes that would impact my net worth, so I expect slower growth the remainder of 2010. Still, I will probably raise my goal since I am almost there and it's only March.
- Reflections: I'm right on track for gas, and now that I'm not commuting 90 miles to work every day, I might do better than this moving forward, depending on the travel I do for mystery shopping. I'm over budget on food. Part of that is gift cards I have purchased in order to earn Hilton and Southwest points. I decided to include those expenses even though I haven't yet redeemed the cards.
- Action Plan: As I redeem the cards, I should have lower food expenses. However, I am still spending way too much on eating out and need to plan my meals better. This should help me with my weight loss as well.
5) Decide whether I should move.
- Reflections: It's harder to measure my progress here. I am on track with my timeline and action plan, but that doesn't mean I'll do it for sure.
- Action Plan: My plan is to have half my credit card debt paid, as well as my car note, before I move. I also will probably sell one of my rental properties to free up some cash while eliminating more debt. I haven't done anything about the rental property because it is occupied and the tenant is now on a month-to-month lease... I kind of like it like that and am hesitant about terminating the lease to sell the house considering the market right now.
I'm really happy with the progress I am making. All of my properties are rented, which throws off a nice bit of cash every month that I use to pay off debt. Our cruise, departing May 22nd, is paid for... I hope that will motivate me more to lose some weight.
Post a Comment