- I lowered the thermostat on my water heater. Before I had it set on "A", which was lower than "B" or "C". I didn't realize it could go lower and still be effective, but it can. I turned it way down, almost to "pilot". Still getting heated water; it's just not as hot as it was. I might adjust it back when the weather cools. For now, I don't need a steamy shower to get me going in the morning.
- Early to bed, early to rise. My partner and I are getting up earlier than we used to. When you stay up late in the summer, you use more lights, A/C and entertainment like TVs. Mornings are cooler and the natural sunrise provides lighting.
- Unplugging even more stuff: cell phone chargers, seldom-used lamps, the paper shredder - everything is unplugged.
1) $1,000/mo. to short-term savings and $400/mo to investments.
2) Weigh less than 180 pounds by 12/31/21.
3) Read more books.
Previous Goal: Eliminate Mortgage on Rental Property
Interest Rate is 5.125%!
January 1, 2019: $59,592
August 11, 2020: PAID!
Friday, June 18
Miscellaneous Cost Cutting
I've spent the week looking at ways to cut my electric bill and mobile phone charges. Here are a few other things I am doing: