- No Cell Coverage. Not with my provider, anyhow. In a state where you drive miles without seeing life, it's scary not having a lifeline in case something happens.
- Empty-tank Anxiety. If my gas tank dropped below half a tank, I started to sweat. Seriously. This place is desolate. I drove 80 miles without seeing ONE SINGLE GAS STATION. How is this possible?
- It's all Blue Collar. Nothing wrong with that, but as a mystery shopper having my tires rotated in several small towns, I need a good excuse for being there. I was asked if I was there to hunt three different times. I guess people from other places only come to Wyoming to shoot animals, look at wind turbines or drill for oil.
- It's all White. Just about, anyway. Diversity is refreshing. You don't appreciate this until you visit somewhere that lacks it.
- I Like Tropical. Wyoming was cold and gray, and the wind blew a lot. There's only like 3 trees in the entire state.
Needless to say, when I passed the Utah state line this evening, I was overjoyed. Soon I saw a Super Target, and a mall, and...traffic! I know that if I break down here, eventually help will arrive.