- late-night blackjack at the Harrah's in New Orleans. What a night. I met some interesting people, won a little money, and somehow made it back to my hotel without getting arrested.
- sleeping in a ghetto hotel in Orangeburg, SC. That Super 8 was the worst hotel I visited during my route.
- spending an evening in Durham with my brother and his wife. We went barhopping and reflected on our messed up childhood.
- driving hundreds of miles in the Wyoming nothingness. No phone signal and no gas stations for miles and miles.
- weekend in Vegas. I had a wonderful debate with a Canadian about Obamacare while playing hours of blackjack at Binion's downtown.
- sticking my finger in the service advisor's pastry in suburban Salt Lake City. I thought it was Play Doh!
- meeting up with Andy from Tight Fisted Miser for lunch in Kansas City. He showed me how he converted his hatchback into a rather comfortable bed.
- visiting several Breaking Bad filming sites in Albuquerque.
Alas, all good things come to an end. I have three stops tomorrow, the last one being Athens, Texas. From there I am driving to Tunica, where I will crash for four nights. Then I have a timeshare shop in Nashville, some gas stations in Birmingham, AL and Dothan, AL, and, finally... home!