$655 Auto ($18 for service, $194 for fuel, $443 Depreciation)
$39 Bank Fee
$152 Food (both groceries and eating out)
$155 Entertainment (movies, gambling, alcohol)
$0 Home Repair
$52 Household (pest control, fire dues, cleaning supplies, etc.)
$107 Health Insurance
$219 Interest on Debt (not including Mortgage Interest)
$441 Mortgage Interest (primary residence)
$827 Mortgage Interest (rental properties)
$0 Personal Care
Total July Expenses : $3,801
- Thanks to mystery shopping, I spent $194 for fuel even though I drove over 5,000 miles.
- I separate my mortgage interest by personal residence versus rental properties. I think this is an important distinction: the personal residence interest is an expense I should exercise control over moving forward when looking at ways to be frugal; the other is an expense that generates income.
- I spent more on alcohol than normal. This is because I did several bar shops in July and took my partner with me. We spent more than the reimbursable amount.
- I spent $31 on clothing, which is pretty high for me. A couple pair of khaki pants that I wear for merchandising/audit jobs had holes in them. I had been wearing them anyway, but found two pair at K-Mart that were my size and we marked down less than $10 each. The rest of the clothing was spending above the reimbursable amount for a mystery shop I did.
- Spending on food was right where I want it to be at roughly $5 per day.
- Medical bills were high because I had to crown one of my teeth.